SPE National Conference – Student Scholarship Deadline 11/1
SPE student members can apply for scholarships to offset the cost of attending SPE’s 2014 national conference in Baltimore March 6-9, 2014. All awards include a 2014 national conference fee waiver and a one-year membership to SPE.
Ten SPE Awards are offered and feature a $500 travel stipend to attend the national conference.
THE SPE AWARD FOR INNOVATIONS IN IMAGING
The SPE Award for Innovations in Imaging is open to all eligible students working primarily with digital technology and is designated for work only possible because of emerging digital technologies-no alternative processes or gelatin silver prints. A project description describing how the work is possible as a result of emerging digital technologies is required as part of the submission process. Jurors will seek to award work that demonstrates the most innovative, unique, and freshest uses of digital technologies. One award is offered and includes a $500 travel stipend to attend the national conference.
- Applicants must be currently matriculated students enrolled at a post-secondary institution as an undergraduate or graduate student majoring/concentrating in photography not graduating before the end of the academic year 2013-2014.
- Applicants must be student members of SPE or become members before submitting their scholarship application. Visit www.spenational.org/members/join to join or renew.
- Applicants are not eligible to receive the same award for two consecutive years, and cannot receive two awards in one year.
This year’s jurors are SPE national board members serving on the Awards and Recognition Committee: Erika Gentry (chair), Claude Baillargeon, Amy Holmes George, and Lupita Murillo Tinnen
ONLINE APPLICATION PROCEDURE
PREPARE TO SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING
- A cohesive body of work with no more than FIVE images. Images around 1280 x 1280 px @ 72 ppi are ideal for good image quality and fast upload
- A succinct artist statement of 200 words or less
- A statement addressing how attendance at the conference will benefit you, as well as an overview of prior involvement with SPE or other arts organizations
- A description of the conceptual basis of your work and its technical qualities, including a description of processes used
- A brief resume, including name, address, phone number, email address and current institutional affiliation, and educational and professional experience
- Contact information for a current photography professor (include name, title, email, and phone number)
Applications that do not fulfill all requirements may be eliminated from the competition.
Deadline November 1, 2013
Direct inquiries to the SPE national office at email@example.com.
Visit www.spenational.org for additional conference information.