Call for Entries!
The Maryland Federation of Art (MFA) invites all artists residing in the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada and Mexico to enter its 4th annual Focal Point, an open-juried all photography competition. Following exhibition guidelines, any 2-D or 3-D work created in any form of photography will be considered. Exhibiting concurrently is the juried work of the Potters Guild of Annapolis. Works selected will be on exhibit in MFA’s Circle Gallery.
- Exhibit Dates: May 23 – June 15
- Show Chair: John Coder
- Submission Deadline: March 20
- Notification Deadline: April 10
- Juror: Jennifer O’Neill, Director of Academic Advising for Undergraduate Photography at Corcoran College of Art + Design
- Download printable prospectus (pdf)
Terms of Entry For Exhibitions
All work and entries must comply with MFA Exhibition Guidelines. Detailed Exhibition and Presentation Guidelines can be accessed HERE, and also during the online entry process.
- Only residents of the United States, Puerto Rico, Mexico and Canada are eligible to enter.
- A maximum of 6 original works created within the past 3 years may be entered.
- Works previously exhibited in a juried show at Circle Gallery are not eligible.
- Works may not exceed 72 inches in width, height or depth, including the frame, unless otherwise specified for a particular exhibit.
- All work must be signed by the artist and all photographs and hand-pulled prints must be numbered.
Entries and Submission Fees
- Entries must be submitted online.
- Entry fees are $35 (MFA members, $20) for one or two entries and $5 each for up to four additional entries. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- To enter online, you will need an MFA account that includes an email address and a password. There is no charge to create an MFA account
- Images must be in JPEG files less than 2MB with the recommended longest pixel dimension between 1600 and 2000 pixels (maximum).
- Images of accepted works may be used at the sole discretion of MFA for promotional purposes including but not limited to the invitation, catalog, web site or on a subsequent year’s prospectus. Image will include attribution whenever possible.