JOIN OUR TEAM
NOW HIRING A PART-TIME MEDIA INSTRUCTOR/COORDINATOR – Youth Photography Traveling Exhibition
Wide Angle Youth Media is currently hiring an outgoing, team-oriented and organized Part-Time Coordinator to facilitate the academic-year Youth Photography Traveling Exhibition program. Wide Angle Youth Media is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that provides Baltimore youth with media education to tell their own stories and become engaged with their communities. Each YPTE workshop includes one 4-hour session or two 2-hour sessions of 10-12 students at schools and community organizations throughout Baltimore. During the sessions, students learn introductory photography and portraiture to create a collaborative portrait that showcases a unique aspect of their character. After the workshops, the Coordinator will oversee outreach and public display opportunities at local farmer’s markets, galleries and other venues. This is a part-time position that lasts through July 31st, 2016 and includes an average of 10 – 15 hours per week in teaching, coordinating, and post-production work.
In addition to facilitating the workshop, the COORDINATOR is responsible for the following:
- Networking and coordinating with schools and community organizations to prepare for the workshops and establish new partnerships; tracking attendance and paperwork for each student and other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Preparing curriculum and communicating with any assistants or volunteers in the classroom prior to each workshop.
- Organizing, labeling, and editing (when necessary) student photography after each workshop and preparing images for distribution by overseeing printing, framing, labeling, presenting artist statements, etc.
- When relevant, assisting Program Manager and Director of Communications and Development in securing additional funding/grants to expand program
- Coordinating distribution, publication and public presentation of images at local farmer’s markets, galleries, restaurants and other venues; being responsible for installation at all sites.
- Participating in weekly staff meetings with WAYM staff and WAYM Program Manager
The following skills are required for the position:
- Experience with teaching photography to middle and/or high school students
- Proficiency in photography editing software, including Photoshop or Light Room
- Ability to communicate effectively with citizens, staff, parents, young people, volunteers, and community groups of diverse backgrounds
- Organizational skills and event planning
- Familiarity with basic computer operations: email, word-processing, spreadsheets, and basic graphics.
- Enthusiasm and passion for mentoring others and making change in communities.
- Consistent and reliable transportation is required for this position.
How to apply:
- Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applicants selected for an interview will be notified, all finalists must complete a finger print background check.
- Wide Angle Youth Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers residents of Baltimore City first.