The “Crusade Engagement Grant” Applications Open in 2 Weeks!
Applications for the 2016 grant cycle open March 1, 2016
What we are looking for in a project:
The Crusade Engagement Grant provides funding to develop and implement an innovative and effective way to connect audiences to photography. We are looking for projects that focus on creating demand for photography and provide a concrete plan to create one-to-one connections between the photographer, the viewer, and the audience.
We are looking for the most creative and original ideas to create and foster demand for fine art photography. We are looking to break new ground here and believe that artists themselves are best positioned to conduct these experiments. That is why the grant size is substantial.
We are interested in well-developed projects that:
- Create an aesthetic experience – one that actively involves the viewer’s senses, emotion, and intellect
- Provide opportunities for interacting with the photographer and/or the images
- Lower the perceptual barriers to participation with art (inexperience with and lack of knowledge about art, intimidating situations or environments, perception that art is not accessible, etc.)
- Clearly identify the target audience (not “the general public”) for a body or type of work and how the project will specifically aim to reach that audience
- Any single photographer, project organizer, or group of artists 18 years or older is eligible to apply.
- There is no limit to the number of project ideas an individual can submit, however each project must be submitted in a separate application.
CLICK ON LINK BELOW FOR DETAILS: