Exciting opportunity for graduating artists wanting to relocate…
The North Adams Project is back!
MASS MoCA’s Assets for Artists is launching another round of our exciting hometown initiative, and we’re writing to ask your help in spreading the word.
Our North Adams Project will offer support to artists committed to growing their art practices here in our hometown of North Adams, MA. This hip little city, home to world class institutions such as MASS MoCA, Clark Art Institute, and Williams College Museum of Art, offers a unique combination of real estate affordability, small-town conveniences, natural beauty, and a lively grass roots cultural community that we think art graduates will love. We’re hoping to attract young creatives looking for a new start in a supportive, affordable, and dynamic creative community.
- A “matched savings” grant providing $4,000 of seed capital to be invested in the artist’s North Adams-based creative practice.
- Free professional development services, including artist-tailored business and financial trainings and one-on-one coaching.
- $500 to assist with the cost of relocation to North Adams.
- A $250 mini grant to help jumpstart retirement savings or an emergency fund.
- Eligibility to apply for technical assistance grants (up to $5,000) for overhauling a website or other design or professional services.
- Free 1-year membership to MASS MoCA.
Ben Mancino, 2014 North Adams Project Artist