Photo Researcher position available…
NYC publishing company seeks Photo Researcher…
Workman Publishing (located in New York City’s West Village) is seeking an experienced photo researcher to join a busy and creative photo department. Minimum 5 years industry experience.
Candidate needs to be well versed in photo research on a variety of subjects ranging from travel, history, art, fashion, sports, animals, nature, humor, news, culture, celebrity, food, yoga and beyond! This position requires a strong visual sensibility, a keen intellect, a creative approach to challenges, excellent communication skills and organized follow through. Must be familiar with all the major commercial photo sources ranging from stock houses, historical archives and museums to photographers and agencies around the world. Position requires thorough knowledge of rights, permissions, licensing and negotiating usage fees. We work closely with our art and editorial colleagues on all image driven books and calendars so a collaborative spirit is most welcome. If you are a photographer, there are also opportunities to help with in-house shoots and larger photo productions on location.
We are looking for someone who has a great eye for the right photo, is excited by the publishing industry and balances it all with a good sense of humor!
- Photo research for a wide range of books and calendars
- Collaborate with designers and editors to develop content and look
- Attend creative meetings for new project development
- Download hi-res photos and verify file size
- Log in caption and credit info into FileMaker
- Clear permission, negotiate usage fees, and license images.
- Reports to Photo Director
- Strong visual sensibility and visual memory
- Prior photo research experience on commercial projects
- Working knowledge of photo industry, resources and licensing
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative nature
- Able to multi-task and stay highly organized
- Bachelors Degree in photography or equivalent studies
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter. We apologize in advance, but not all applicants will receive a response.