Longwood University seeks photographer for marketing & communications position…
Longwood University invites qualified applicants to apply for the position of University Photographer/ Media Specialist III within the University Marketing and Communications department.
The University Photographer should be a talented and motivated individual that is truly excited to help bring the university’s brand to life through creative and visual storytelling. This individual will build and lead a dependable team of student workers, as well as work closely with the rest of the marketing team, to help set and accomplish strategic content goals consistent with the tone and strategy outlined in Longwood’s brand guide. This position will report to the Assistant Vice President of Digital Marketing and Content Strategy.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Plan and develop creative original photography through a variety of techniques (studio, conceptual/fine art, landscape, candid, portrait, action, etc.) for websites, social media, print and other avenues that will help tell Longwood’s story and engage internal and external audiences
- Capture photography at university events as needed to help support marketing goals
- Conduct post-production image editing and prepare files for cataloging appropriately
- Build and manage a dependable team of skilled student photographers (as well as an outside collection of freelancers) to help accomplish content goals and cover events as needed
- Manage and organize archive of digital photos with appropriate metadata and tagging, as well as assist marketing team in photography recommendations for a wide variety of print and electronic media
- Coordinate an ongoing calendar of photography, and confer with the rest of the marketing team to determine photographic needs and recommend solutions
- Remain mission and goal-oriented, placing the brand and strategic marketing needs first
- Other duties as assigned by Assistant Vice President of Digital Marketing and Content/Strategy
• Considerable amount of experience in professional photography or equivalent combination of training and experience required
- Must demonstrate strong creative photography talents with working knowledge of advanced photography principles and techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to work effectively under pressure and deal with multiple priorities
- Must demonstrate the ability to conceptualize new and creative ideas, set and achieve goals, learn and become proficient with new equipment and software, and work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate well with diverse audiences
- Strong portfolio showcasing high quality, creative photography with an emphasis on people is required. Portfolio must demonstrate advanced photography principles and techniques.Pay Band 4, minimum starting salary of $32,619.Commonwealth of Virginia benefits accompany this position. A successful criminal background investigation is required. Position will be posted a minimum of five days. Review of applications will begin immediately. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply. Submit a completed Commonwealth of Virginia application online at https://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com. Applicants must include all qualifications and work history on the State application. A link to the applicant’s online portfolio must be included in the Additional Information section of the state application. Consideration for an interview is based solely on the information within the application. Resumes will not substitute for a complete application.Human Resources Longwood University
201 High Street Farmville, VA 23909 Phone: 434-395-2074 Fax: 434-395-2666 Email: email@example.com