Regional art opportunities
Multiple opportuntites to engage in the arts…
In our continuing efforts to let you know about opportunities in the area, MICA Photo would like to direct your attention to these various projects, grants, and art related activities.
DEADLINE: Thursday, April 12, 2018
CALL FOR ENTRIES: Delusional Art Competition, Jonathan Levine Gallery
DEADLINE: Sunday, May 20, 2018
Jonathan LeVine Projects is holding their second “Delusional Art Competition.” Submissions from around the world are welcomed in all 2-D and 3-D mediums (excluding photography, video and performance art). We encourage artists from all backgrounds and styles to submit work. Up to 40 finalists will be selected for inclusion in a summer group show from Aug. 1 – 25, 2018. Winners will be announced at the opening. Enter for your chance to win a solo exhibition, a group exhibition, promotional opportunities, cash prizes, inclusion in an art fair and more!
The second “Delusional Art Competition” will be reviewed by high profile jurors including:
- Evan Pricco (Editor of Juxtapoz)
- Yasha Young (Director of Urban Nation)
- Steven P. Harrington and Jaime Rojo (Brooklyn Street Art founders)
- Tara McPherson (Artist)
- Jeff Soto (Artist)
- Jonathan LeVine (Gallerist)
1st Place – Solo Exhibition at Jonathan LeVine Projects
2nd Place – Participation in a group show at Jonathan LeVine Projects
3rd Place – A week of promotion via Jonathan LeVine Projects social media platforms
All finalists will feature on the Delusional website and be listed on the gallery’s highly trafficked Artsy page. Select entries will be promoted on the gallery’s extensive social media networks. Artists will also receive extensive worldwide promotion in the form of email marketing, press release announcements and widespread social media marketing. Winning images will be seen by an International audience including, art collectors, curators and other galleries.
- One image for each 2-D work submitted, two images for each 3-D work submitted
- Work details (title, year, medium, dimensions, price)
- Pricing: $45 for three submissions ($10 for each additional submission)
**Size limit: Paintings – 5 x 5 feet; Sculptures – 5 x 4 feet
All submitted artworks must be for sale (priced at a reasonable market rate) and available to be exhibited from Aug. 1 – 25, 2018. When an art work is sold, Jonathan LeVine Projects will earn a commission of 50 percent of the net proceeds from the sale.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: Artists at Arlington County Fair
Aug. 15 – 19, 2018
Artists needed to serve as volunteer Superintendents and Judges in the Arts and Crafts category at the Fair.
To cultivate a communal atmosphere for artists, enthusiasts and creative people to mingle, work on projects and share ideas —Hole in the Sky is instituting regularly-recurring ART NIGHTS! at our shared workspace in NE, D.C.
Every Third Thursday of the month from 7:00 – 11:00 p.m. we’re opening our doors, setting up tables with art supplies and filling a cooler with icy cool beers. All you have to do is show up and hang out. Bring your sketchbook, doodle on things, show off work in progress, converse with others and maybe meet a collaborator or two.
Resident artists will be chilling and happy to tour you through their studios. We’ll have beers plus that cooler if you want to BYOB and keep them cold. Mad chill vibes are the goal.
DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
The Destination Sales and Marketing Group, Ltd. (DS&MG) is a business services company that operates and manages Arlington Transportation Partners, BikeArlington, Mobility Lab, WalkArlington and Capital Bikeshare as part of a dynamic and innovative regional Transportation Demand Management (TDM) program for Arlington County Commuter Services (ACCS). We are seeking a PR or marketing professional to promote walking as part of an active transportation team for local government.
Summary of Qualifications
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate excellent communications and presentation skills as well as exceptional writing and editing capabilities.
- Possess strategic planning skills and experience developing public relations and integrated marketing campaigns with strategies and tactics connected to tangible metrics and outcomes.
- Demonstrate evidence of successful event, marketing, public relations, website, business development and relationship programs required.
- Have a track record of results in project management grounded in strong writing and creativity.
- Possess applied skills in word processing, website maintenance and other computer software, including but not limited to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint); content management systems and web design; and management of computer software programs.
- Possess the ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Must be extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Possess the ability to act in an entrepreneurial fashion, taking initiative, being responsive to new opportunities and creating value in the face of obstacles.
- Perform effectively in a collaborative and fast-paced work environment.
- Must “communicate up” to Directors and to other ACCS, Arlington County or regional stakeholders on a regular basis.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of a 4-year college degree (BA) preferably in communications or a related discipline.
- Three to five years of experience in a related position, preferably in a nonprofit, government or business development environment.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated excellence in writing and editing marketing and communications materials.
- Experience in managing and collaborating with multiple stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Experience with and awareness of the Arlington community a plus.
DEADLINE: No Deadline
The WPA invites DMV artists to submit 100 word project proposals on an ongoing basis. We encourage proposals on the work or thoughts of others rather than your own work.
Projects can take any form, including conversations, exhibition, installation, lectures, meals, performance, public interventions, publications, radio shows, readings, screenings, walks, workshops, etc.
We will pay you to devlope your idea and collaborate with you on all stages to make it happen.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll explain.
DEADLINE: No Deadline
The Humanities Project is Arlington County’s artist-in-education program that sponsors performances, workshops and residencies for students in Arlington County’s public schools and provides professional development opportunities for teachers.
If you have a program, workshop and/or performance that you feel would benefit the students and/or teachers in Arlington, the Humanities Project encourages you to apply.
Applications can be submitted at any time. Applications will be reviewed in the spring of each year. If you have any questions, please contact the Humanities Coordinator at (703) 228-6299.
UPCYCLE RE-USE ARTIST MATERIAL SHOP, Alexandria, VA
Creative reuse is the process of taking used or recyclable materials and turning them into works of art, home decoration or other useful objects. At UpCycle, we rethink our notion of waste, collecting cast-offs from our community to serve as creative art materials. We collect, organize and prep items for use in a variety of creative capacities.
Visit our reuse shop for all of your creative needs! Our inventory is affordable, dynamic and always changing. Materials memberships are available on a daily (fill a bag for a flat fee) or annual basis (unlimited access to our materials for a period of one year).
Stop in to see what’s in store for you today.