Full-time photography position open
Fannie Mae seeks Director of Photography…
Job Listing: Director of Photography (DP)
Job Number: (52709)
Are you interested in helping solve today’s most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Utilize broad expertise or unique knowledge in leading and performing assignments related to shooting commercial quality
videos for internal and external use. Provide value-added expertise in developing new concepts, techniques, and standards.
Exercise independent judgment in conducting research and determining methods and procedures on new or special assignments. May operate in a lead or supervisory role.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Shoot both documentary and scripted videos.
- Provide excellent lighting design.
- Work with a team of producers/directors, audio operators, and grips on some productions and work solo on other productions.
- Provide input as to the style in which a project should be shot based on the brief for the project.
- Discover and report new camera technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Demonstrate and possess understanding of storytelling, design and editorial processes, as well as the ability to integrate them all with high production value.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Highly skilled in shooting video using the Sony PXW-FS7M2K with multiple lenses or similar commercial equipment
- Determine shutter angles/speeds, filter factors, camera distance, depth of field and focus, angles of view, and other variables to produce desired effects
- Survey set or location for potential problems, observe effects of lighting, measure lighting levels, and coordinate necessary changes prior to shooting
- Must enjoy working in a collaborative environment
- Must be deadline driven
- Editing experience in Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, Photoshop, and Illustrator and other applications in the Adobe Creative Cloud suite of applications a plus but not mandatory
- Must submit links to your best work
- Ability to occasionally travel
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.