Baltimore Arts’ COVID-19 resources and grants.
- Americans for the Arts has a list of resources for artists and has recorded and shared its March 13 conversation with teaching artists about COVID-19.
- Baltimore Artist Emergency Relief Fund (Description Below)
- Emergency Grants – Women Arts
- Emergency Grants – Foundation for Contemporary Art
- Actors Fund Emergency Financial Assistance (not just for actors)
- Shade Literary Arts Queer Writers of Color Relief Fund (national)
- NEA Shared List of Resources for Arts & Cultural Organizations and Professionals/Individuals
- The Ghostlight Fund (theater actors)
- Freelance Artist & Scholars Resources
- Emergency Grants – Rauschenberg Foundation
- Emergency Grants – Adolph & Esther Gottlieb Emergency Grant (visual arts)
- Emergency Grants – Haven Foundation
- Emergency Funding – CERF + The Artists Safety Net
- Musicians Foundation Emergency Fund
- Corona Virus 2020 Artist Relief Funds Database
- List of Emergency Funding Opportunities for Visual Artists
- List of Funding Opportunities from 3Arts
The Baltimore Artist Emergency Relief Fund is a coalition-led initiative designed to provide direct assistance to Baltimore-based artists and creative entrepreneurs who have lost income due to the COVID-19 crisis.
Inspired by the generosity of artist-led relief efforts in Baltimore and across the country, this fund was developed through a partnership between 20 artists and arts organizers committed to working together for the collective good of the Baltimore creative community, and is made possible by administrative and funding support from T. Rowe Price Foundation, Baltimore Office of Promotion & The Arts, Maryland State Arts Council, Robert W. Deutsch Foundation, Grit Fund and Baltimore Creatives Acceleration Network.
As the Fund’s fiduciary agent, the Baltimore Office of Promotion & The Arts will distribute one-time $500 grants to individual artists who demonstrate an emergency financial hardship caused by the COVID-19 crisis. Artists of any discipline and creative entrepreneurs over the age of 18 who reside in the City of Baltimore are eligible to apply. Only one grant application per person will be accepted. Grant funds are solely intended for use by the grantee and may not be transferred or re-granted. Although applicants can apply on a rolling basis, the funds are limited, and grants are made based on the availability of funding.
The application and detailed criteria are available here.
Applicants who do not have access to the internet can also mail in applications to: The Cloisters, Attention: Jocquelyn Downs, 10440 Falls Rd. Lutherville, MD 21093
Please call 410-752-8632 with any questions about the application.
For individuals and organizations considering supporting this effort, help at any level is greatly appreciated and donations are accepted here. The coalition has a fundraising goal of $125,000. Supporting the Baltimore Artist Emergency Relief Fund helps ensure the livelihood and well-being of the artists whose work and creativity strengthen Baltimore City.
For more information about COVID-19, please visit the Baltimore City Health Department website: health.baltimorecity.gov/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov.